Thursday, September 12, 2013

          Time management has always been something that has come naturally to me. While I am a procrastinator, I've never had any huge issues when it comes to getting my work done in a timely manner. That being said, before I came to college I realized that I was going to need to pay more attention to my scheduling. I knew I needed to put forth an effort to not procrastinate.

          A lot of my procrastination stems from me not wanting to do work that is assigned to me. In high school, I never had issues reading the books for English, because I love to read. I had huge issues when it came to willing myself to do my math homework or to write whatever paper was assigned. I can be a very stubborn person, and when I didn't want to do my work, I had a hard time forcing myself to do it. 

          So far in college, I have not really procrastinated at all. I've been doing my work in advance, and I haven't had any worries or stressful situations so far. I know that I don't enjoy devoting time to school work. I'm terrible about forcing myself to study. I would much rather read or watch Netflix or eat food with my friends. What I've been doing so far is I schedule certain days every week to do my homework. I make sure those days have enough time to get all of my work done, and on the days I haven't scheduled work, I get to relax and do whatever I would like. Usually I take naps on those days. This system has been working beautifully for me so far. I know that as I continue in school, I'm going to be assigned more work and more time consuming work, so I may have to alter my system in the future. Right now, however, I am quite content with only devoting 3-4 days a week to homework. On homework days, it's a lot easier to make myself do my work when I know that the next day I can relax and not worry about schoolwork. 

I realize that this system may not be manageable as I continue in my collegiate studies, but it's working very well for me currently.

5 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with the system of homework days and you're right, it is a whole lot easier to do it when you have set days instead of just a system of 'use up your free time studying whenever you can.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, it sounds like you're really getting a handle on your schedule, which is great. You will find that, as the semester progresses, you'll need more time for your homework and studying, so be prepared for that. I always found that it's best if I do the homework I don't like .

    And do try to get a handle on your sleep schedule. You'll need it later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thank you for the paragraphs. When you type them, though EITHER indent OR leave a blank line between paragraphs, not both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same way like the first week, then I got busy. I am trying to get my schedule in order to that I can hae the luxury of doing my work early, but I am glad you are able to do this and be stress free! :)

    -Kaitlyn Skinner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, your system while possibly unsustainable sounds really good to me. I find it neccessary to sleep asuch as I can and do fun things when I can afford it/ have the time. Napping is good but some times when it do it to much it makes me even more tired and lose my motivation to do other things I don't really want to do anyway. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete